Friday, May 29, 2009

the thoughts in my head

Have you ever just sat and allowed thoughts to just run inside your head? What I mean by that is, just sit and think. Today is one of those days that I spent a lot of time just thinking a lot of thoughts in my head.

I think about what my life is like now. I think about how I've gotten to this place and time. I think about where my life is headed. Sometimes I think about destiny and where the Lord has my steps ordered. I wonder if I am headed in the right direction or not. Or if I have altered my destiny in any way by making certain decisions.

I often think about my character or personality. Whether I am reflecting the love of God or not allowing the light of God to shine out. I think about what people see when they look in my eyes. I believe the eyes are the windows to the soul......so what do people see when they look at me? Do they see Jesus who lives in me? Do they just see my brown eyes? Do they see joy? Or sorrow? Can they see my present standing or do they just see my past?

Today when I left OHOP I had a ton of thoughts going through my mind. Some good, some bad. At 2:00 today, I had to sing for a "worship with the word" set. We sang on the hymns of Revelation. I must say..........it was the best set I've ever sang on. Not because of how great the music sounded or the scriptures being the best. I believe it was the best set for me personally because I was allowing myself to be free to sing from my heart. I finally had an oracle today too. That was interesting. I just happened to remember a dream God gave me a few months ago about the end times. That vision flashed in my head and I immediately felt the presence of God. So I sang the scripture based on my dream. I felt freedom to do that today. I can't say I have felt that during any watch that I have done so far.

I fight my mind a lot about insecurities and worries. I know the word of God says in Philipians 4:6 - "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Sometimes that is easier said than done. I just have to remember to take those thoughts....and bring them to the Lord. Then He will bring me peace and clarity....joy and understanding.

I hope today the Lord gives me good dreams. Hopefully something prophetic. I dream a lot....and a lot of them are dreams that come to pass. Maybe today is one of those days! With that.....I will just take the time to release my thoughts through blogging. It helps out either way ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment