Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Tale of Three Ladies.......

Last night, I was laying in bed in the dark, just pondering three ladies in particular. I won't be mentioning names, but all three were part of my motivation to pray. It began with just a simple prayer and them stemmed into a deep cry to God for them. As I laid there with tears streaming down my eyes, all I could do was pray for God's will in their lives. Two ladies in particular were prayers of mercy. One was the prayer of God's will.

The first lady. She is younger than me by 10 years. She's a bright girl really but hasn't always made the brightest decisions in life. She was born the youngest of her brothers and sisters and probably felt like she was brought up lonely or as an only child practically. She was brought up in the faith but never truly stuck to it. She's like a wave that goes back and forth on the shore. She didn't grow up poor. If anything she grew up pretty much middle class average and didn't see much struggle. She knows about the Lord, yet still chooses the low road. She tends to live in the grey areas. Never really pushing herself to stand up for what she knows is the truth. I cried out for mercy and also prayed that
the Lord would direct her to be bold and more independent. I prayed that the Lord would light a fire inside of her so that she would shine bright instead of cast a shadow. I wish she would see her potential. I wish she would finally live her life right. I cried out to the Lord for her.....

The second lady. She is older than I am by 2 years. She has always been the type that marches to the beat of her own drum. She was also brought up in the faith although she never really cared much for it. She didn't have a rough life as a kid but it surely wasn't easy. She grew up in a family that began their lives on welfare and not having much. Her life wasn't too bad in high school though. She just didn't always make good decisions. She lives a rough life now. Financially struggles and doesn't serve the Lord. She was always very independent, but never showed leadership. She was always a follower. She is also very smart and witty, but doesn't use that intelligence for her benefit. She would much rather have it most things done the hard way. She has always been the type that I can see right through. Very transparent. Very vague. Very lost. For her, I cried for mercy. Mercy and salvation. I prayed deeply that she would finally meet the Lord. I prayed for her to live her life for the Lord. There are a few people that need her so much, yet they always feel like they are put on the back burner. I pray for the Lord to open her eyes so she can finally see the light. I pray for her to be saved. I can honestly say that I usually pray general salvation prayers for her but last night, it was deeper than that....I cried out to the Lord for her.....

The third lady. She is much older than I am. She was also brought up in the faith, born in a mesh of siblings. Some older, some younger. It seems like she was lost in the mix. I've always noticed that she never feels like she belongs with a particular group or setting. She is quiet at times and very outspoken in other times. She was raised by other people back and forth as a child. She never really felt like she was loved as a child either. She always felt that she was almost invisible. But this lady.....she was stamped from day one by the Lord. She may have had a rough and disappointing child hood, but because of it, she can pretty much out-pray anyone in any situation. I admire her. In spite of all that she's been through, she stayed serving the Lord. If anything, she drew closer to him with every heart ache and frustration she has gone through. When I think of this lady, it reminds me of people that have been sold into slavery. Ok, that sounds harsh but I don't mean she's a slave. I mean, she has always lived her life for others. She doesn't really put herself on the front burner almost ever. She went into marriage young, had children young and lived a very tough life raising kids and having a family. Financially things were mostly difficult throughout life but there were a few times where it was breathable. She never had the opportunity to be a teenager. She never hung out with friends and enjoyed her life as a young lady. She went into adulthood very early. She never traveled. She never goes on shopping sprees or gets pampered. She is not a high maintenance person. She is very low key and to herself. She doesn't have many friends if any. But the one most admirable thing about her is that she is such a strong and independent person because of it. Throughout her life she has been the praying mom to her children. The praying wife to her husband and the praying friend to those in need. She is so giving and sometimes more like often, people take advantage of her giving and treat her like a doormat. She's a prayer warrior. She is fierce in the spirit. And the Lord loves her so much. She inspires others to seek the Lord. She studies the word and has helped others along the way with their faith in God. She's the daughter of the Most High God. I prayed for her a lot. I cried out to the Lord for her freedom from feeling like she's stuck in a cell. I prayed that the Lord would direct her path and guide her footsteps in life. I prayed for her to reap the harvest of blessings she sooo deserves. I prayed for to have joy and peace. I cried out to the Lord for her....

These three ladies, all brought up in the faith, all took their circumstances and walked into their lives differently. Each lady chose her life and lives it out in one specific way. We have one lady who lives in the grey area of compromise. We have another lady who lives her life in the black area of no faith and the last lady who lives her life in the white area of light and truth.

The lady brought up as a Christian who struggled the most in life chose to walk with the Lord and in spite of everything and is going to reap a beautiful harvest. The bible says in Matthew 25:23 - 23 His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’

The one brought up as a Christian with the so so life growing up that chooses to live in the black area is walking blind. The bible says in Matthew 7:21-23 - 21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

The one brought up as Christian with a pretty good life growing up, is living a life of compromise (lukewarm) which the word of God says in Revelation 3:15-16 "15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.


No matter what, everyone has circumstances and can choose their lives to be different. God gives us the choice to walk the right path. Its always up to us whether we let our circumstances cause us to walk off the road and wonder into the dark of night or shady areas in life. Regardless of their situations, they each have a place in my heart that causes me to pray to the Lord on their behalf. I cry out for them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment