Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm changed....

I've realized something lately. I've changed. I feel that after this 40 day fast has ended, now came a deeper understanding of the word and the Lord. I read things on FB and just get so disgusted by the sin. I have a love for the Bride to be pure and don't want it to be defiled by anything.....especially cursing or swearing. I realize I used to laugh a little here and there at stupid videos or jokes and I was guilty of that compromise. I repented for that. But now, I see people that keep compromising their walk with the Lord to be funny, or to justify their sin. I don't agree with that at all. And how can I honestly read things like that and just stay silent? How can I see status' and comments about compromise and just keep my mouth shut. The sad things is that I see others comment on them and laugh or say how funny it is, or agree with it. It makes me want to scream! How can that be ok? How can that be funny?

I've seen life change so much lately. I have my eyes opened more than before and I refuse to live a life of compromise ever again. I know I'm not perfect. I won't be perfect no matter how hard I try. But I will try anyway. I refuse to sit still and stay with my mouth shut. Where is the holiness? Where is the sanctification? Where is the faith to walk uprightly? A little fox here and there.

Song of Solomon 2:15 -   15 Catch us the foxes, The little foxes that spoil the vines, For our vines have tender grapes.

A little cuss here and there. A little perverted joke
here and there. A little bit of worldly music to justify your feelings for the day. A little bit of compromise...thats all. It makes me sick! The word says:

Ephesians 4:29 - 29Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

Matthew 15:11 - 11"It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man."

Matthew 15:17-20 -  17"Do you not understand that everything that goes into the mouth passes into the stomach, and is eliminated? 18"But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and those defile the man. 19"For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. 20"These are the which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man." 

James 3:5-11 - 5 Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things.
See how great a forest a little fire kindles! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. 11 Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? 12 Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh.

Article from bible website:

CURSE WORDS REVEAL THE CONDITION OF A MAN'S HEART

Jesus taught in the Bible that when a man curses or uses profanity it is a sign of evil that was in that man's heart. It is popular today for both men and women to curse. They never think of it as an evil condition in their heart, but rather a small thing that everyone does.  These small words of cursing the Bible says, will defile the whole man if they are not repented of and stopped.   Cussing and using the name of the Lord in vain causes one to become defiled.

Popular movies and T.V. are responsible for causing society to accept foul language as the "norm."  They portray cursing as a way to vent anger and tell people off. The very attitudes behind cursing show that it is not right as cussing is used to demean and put down people. These words can be mild expletives to horrible blasphemies. Since the devil is the one who inspires these evil utterances he causes people to use our Lord's name in the most ungodly ways.

In the modern definition of cursing, usually people use the name of  Jesus or God in vain and swear with curses such as "go to hell" or "damn you."  These words clearly show it is an evil coming from the devil. Have you ever wondered why people do not  not use the names of gods of other religions when they curse? The names that the devil hates and uses people to voice hateful curses are "God," "Christ," "Jesus Christ" and "Jesus."  Terms about hell and heaven are also used in derogatory ways.   The very misuse of these words should prove the existence of God and the reality of a heaven and hell.

Even Christians have been tricked into using bad expressions when they are upset. They are take-offs of the Lord's names such as: "Geeze" or "Jes" (short for Jesus), "Good Gosh," "Gosh Darn," "Lordy."  This is known as "shoot cussin."   I'm guilty of saying geeze or good gosh. I repent of that. There are other terms used, which we will not repeat, as they are vulgar profanities. However, these illustrations make the point.

Many good movies have been ruined for Christians because the script writers thought adding profane language (which they refer to as adult language) somehow made the movie more relalistic. Adults nor children should use bad language if we are to be like our Lord. We do not have to use curse words to emphasize our intentions.

Colosians  8But now you also, put them all aside: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and abusive speech from your mouth.  9Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices, 10 and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him--


If swearing and cursing have been a problem in your life ask the Lord to forgive you and deliver you so that your words may be good and loving words full of grace and truth. He will help you overcome this problem through His power.

Psalm 19:14: "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."


God, guide us to live a life holy and acceptable in your sight! Life is so short. Time is running out. HAVE MERCY ON THIS NATION AND OTHER NATIONS! Father I pray that we repent from our sins and walk uprightly. I pray that we stand on truth and love. Let us not judge others but also not look the other way at sin within the body of Christ. Sin is sin. There is no justification behind it. Forgive us Lord.

3 comments: