Friday, November 5, 2010

Jesus the Son Of God

Just recently I FELL into a conversion with a woman at work about religion. It wasn't intentional but she started telling me about the fact that she doesn't go to church but she doesn't need to go to church  to love God. Proverbs 11:14 Where there is no counsel, the people fall; But in the multitude of counselors there is safety. 

Proverbs 18:1 says "A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire He rages against all wise judgment".    

Then she went on to say that she liked that her religion "gives credit" (prays/worships is what I believe she is trying to say by giving credit ) to Mary the Mother of Jesus. And so knowing what I was getting myself into I decided to say a few things Gods word has to say about those two subject.

First I would like to say I am a student of the Word of God and I am not perfect. I don't know everything about the word but I do know what it says about certain subject, mainly because
I have searched them out myself though wanting my own questions answered.
 First I would like to speak about Mary the Mother of Jesus. I made the observation that Gods word says to not make any graven image Exodus 20:4 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; and told her that The word of God calls that Idol worship.  Exodus 20:5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God,... so by these definitions even bowing down to a Image of Jesus made by mans hands is considered Idol worship.

Now knowing she was'nt going to like this I still wanted to tell her the truth because The Truth shall set you free. So I said it nicely but honestly. She of course put her guard up because she was brought up praying to Mary and kneeling before Idols. She stated that Mary and Jesus where one because Mary is the Mother of Jesus and thats why they "Give her credit" (Praying to Mary is what I believe she was trying to say). So I told her that the only Man we should be worshiping or kneeling before is Jesus the Son of God. She made a comment you mean God, And I said yes Jesus is God, God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one. I didn't have the time to show here these scripture because I was at work but these are some of the scriptures I have looked up for myself.   

Luke 19:20 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” and Peter answered and said, “The Christ of God.” 

1 John 5:7 - For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. Jesus is The Word. Even those that where Demon Possessed, the Demon themselves knew who Jesus was at the sight of Him.

Luke 8:28  - When he saw Jesus, he cried out, fell down before Him, and with a loud voice said, “What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I beg You, do not torment me!” 

This is just one scripture of many that speak about the demon's recognizing Jesus the true living Son of God. So once I told Her about Jesus being the only man we should worship she was no longer really listening to the truth of the word she was just arguing with me. So I knew I couldn't say much more to her. But then she made a statment I have never heard before. I was shocked when she said, Then if thats the case Then God raped Mary so she could have Jesus!!!! I couldn't even believe that she said that let alone used it as an argument towards what I told her. I would have expected a non-believer or atheist to say something like that but not a professing "Lover of God". She just called God a Rapist!!! Now I picture in my head This is the times where in Isreal The prophet of God would scream Blasphemy and rip his clothes and pour ashes on his head. So I calmly tried to explain to here that Jesus was a gift to Mary from God and that at any point Mary could have refused that Gift but why would you want to refuse a Gift when and angel stands before you and and says in

Luke 1:28 And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!... 


Luke 1:35 - And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God. and Mary's Response was Luke

Luke1:38 - Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.


Now lets just say it's Christmas since Christ-mas is coming around the corner and you have just received a gift. Our reaction is we are ever greatful of the giver that gave you the gift in the first place and of course we Cherish the gift itself but do you ever stop and grab the box and wrapping and Cherish the box or wrapping More then the Gift itself??? Now don't get me wrong, Im not saying that Mary is nothing. But what I am saying is if it wasn't for the fact that God made the choice to chose Mary to be the one who carried Jesus he could have chose another virgin and today we could be saying that women's name instead of Mary being the one who received the gift.

So If Gods word Never changes he is Numbers 23:19 Not a man that he should lie nor the son of a man that he should change his mind. Then what are we to think about worshiping Mary or any Idol made by mans hands. If we are to confess with our mouths that we are Christian(striving to be Christ-like) then we would have to do our best and follow Gods word or What I have heard a Preacher years ago say, "If you don't believe in that Part of the Bible then Rip the page out and before you know it all you will be left with is the front and back cover." I'll just leave you with that!

Ralph        

No comments:

Post a Comment