Monday, November 1, 2010

Holidays...

Now that the awful holiday of Halloween is over, I am super excited about the upcoming holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year). Unfortunately, I have moved into a much smaller place to live, which affects the size of the kitchen I now have. Sigh...its basically the size of a shoe box now (sarcastically said). I hope someday to have a big house, a huge kitchen and lots of family and friends over for the holidays. Its in my nature, in my DNA to go all out for Thanksgiving. I love cooking and party planning. I love decorating and hosting. Its a girl thing I guess. Well, maybe its a Rachel thing too. Did I mention I absolutely love watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving then I watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? Its this crazy tradition I've have had by default. I remember as a kid, waking up early in the morning watching the movie or parade with the smell of Turkey wafting through the house. I just love it!

Charlie Brown Christmas
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

The Feast I wish I could be preparing this year lol

My husband also has his own holiday traditions. One being...Thanksgiving day football game. He loves it. He's such an outdoors kind of guy. He's been planning
the Thanksgiving game for quite some time now. I love that about him. He's such a guy lol.

Yup, this pretty much sums up my husband's Thanksgiving traditions

Although my home will not be busting at the seams this year for Thanksgiving, a small intimate dinner affair will have to be sufficient. I'll still be happy to enjoy it this year. I just hope the weather cooperates enough to feel like the fall. Lately its felt more like the summer. Its been difficult to enjoy the weather while drinking my pumpkin spice lattes this fall, but I hear we are looking at a small mini-cold front. Sigh....so worth buy a latte. Now I am getting into holiday mode (yes)!

I wish it looked like this outside
I love love love Christmas as well. I have completed the majority of Christmas shopping this year, with the exception of a few gifts for the hubs. But I basically got it done in September (pat on the back for me). I'm already plotting ways of fitting all my decorations from last year into my little apartment. I'm not so sure its going to all fit. It will probably look like a serious over exaggeration of decorations but then again, its me we are talking about.....duh, I'm always about Christmas decoration exaggeration.

Ok so this is much more exaggerated but you get the idea...

This is more like it!

I love the lights, the smell of my Christmas tree, snowmen (my favorite collection), the holiday smells in my oil warmers and everything you can imagine down to my Christmas hand towels. I know I have issues ha ha. I think there might need to be a 12 step program for Christmas decoration addictions but then again its not about that for me. Yes I love the decorations...seriously. But I mostly love the fact that I can give. Ralph and I love to give. We love being able to take time each year to bless the ones we love. Hopefully we will be able to get everyone something they will love and enjoy.

I wish my tree was as big as Rockefeller

I would totally decorate my own house...
I collect snowmen...love it!

I also love Christmas movies! I watch them all through the year (yes I know that is ridiculous but then again, its me...hello???) My movie favorites range from Charlie Brown Christmas, A Christmas Story, Home Alone, The Polar Express and my newest edition to the list Elf.
Charlie Brown Christmas is my #1 all time Favorite movie

I love this one too...especially cause his name is Ralphie ;o)
I pretty much know this movie word for word
Classic favorite

I love this movie its hilarious

I hope after reading this blog and seeing all the pictures, you will also be in a holiday mood! Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment