Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Typical day at OHOP

I just wanted to show a few pictures of what a normal day at OHOP would be like! Allow me to give you a description of what it sounds like. Well right now all I can hear is the speakers playing a Misty Edwards song called "come into your garden".......and I just love that song. Usually when there isn't live worship going on, we have the CDs playing music from the prayer room at IHOP (International House of Prayer in Kansas City, MO). On a typical day, I usually get here, and head into the briefing room to put my lunch in the fridge. Sometimes its empty, and sometimes its filled with interns or worship leaders briefing for their sets.
Now normally, if I'm not briefing for a set, I usually just go straight into the prayer room and get started on my reading and studying.


Then occassionally I will stop to just meditate on the worship music and stop to hear the voice of God. Sometimes I just sit still and quietly just listen to the music and detox all my negative feelings from the previous day or what not. Sometimes we wake up on the wrong side of the bed and just need time to just allow the Lord to fill us with his peace....

Other days I just come in and brief (we meet for 30 minutes before singing to go over scriptures, music and model). Then I spend the next two hours singing to the Lord. Or in today's case, after singing, I am blogging a bit and just studying my book about Humility.

Once I've been here a while, I usually have to leave to go to work...which I am heading out to do in a few minutes....Now if only I could find Ralph. He is somewhere in between the seats of the prayer room in his own little world. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment