Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Embarking on a new journey of the fascination of God

This weekend we had a wonderful conference called Onething. We had a few guest speakers that came out and gave such a powerful word. Ralph and I could only catch a few hours of it at a time due to work, but it was worth it for the brief moments that we were there.

On Sunday, Wes Martin came to OHOP (Orlando House of Prayer) and talked about prayer life. He described a way of being so fascinated with reading the word that just moved me to my very core. I needed that. I love to read a great book and there are some books in the bible that I love reading over and over. But to be truly fascinated with the word of God and the knowledge of God has not come easy for me. If at all. Now don't get me wrong. I am fascinated with the word but on a different level.

Wes talked about three passages in the bible that he studies that take him on a completely new level of understanding the Knowledge and Holiness of God. He talked about how to dialogue with the Lord and ask questions as you read the passages of scripture and wait on the Lord to speak to you. You wait for Him to reveal and speak to you about the words you are reading. Its amazing how he describes things.

I did that very thing today. I opened up Revelation Chapter 4 and read it over and over. I sat and asked the Lord to speak to me and show me. I asked questions about the four living creatures and the throne room. I even sat still trying to imagine what it must be like up there. I was amazed. It was so cool. God is so great and powerful. Nothing is as fascinating as the word of the living God. Something funny Wes said on Sunday was: "have you ever sat in your car after a movie and just sat in amazement stunned for seven days because of such a movie that floored you?" He was describing Ezekiel 3:15 in the bible and how he had a vision that left him stunned for seven days. Wow.....only the Lord can overwhelm you for seven days. There has never been a blockbuster hit that had people dazed for a week.

Now that I've tried reading the word differently, I am hooked. I can't wait until the Lord starts to fascinate me like that. I don't know to what extent but I am certainly looking forward to it. Maybe He'll give me a dream........

1 comment:

  1. I did that... With the passage about the donkey speaking to the prophet, lol... I found it interesting... lol ;)

    ReplyDelete