Monday, January 24, 2011

Prego Adventures

It was this time last year that I started up the Prego Chronicles and then quickly after that lost the baby I was having. Its a year later and here I am. Pregnant. Again. So, I figured I would write about all of my little adventures.

First on the agenda.....the wicked stomach flu I just got. Wow....I haven't puked that many times since I was a kid. I found myself feeling like my life was officially over. I couldn't figure out if I was sick because of pregnancy or because of a flu. Regardless, it was knocking me out for the count. I ended up going to the emergency room to sit with an IV in my arm for a few hours. They ended up having to give me 4 doses of nausea and vomiting medication to get me to settle my stomach. Needless to say, it was settled (sort of) until I got back in the car and left the hospital. There I was again in the car. Going at it again. It was awful. The doctors tried to diagnose me with hyperemesis. I refused to believe that I was going to be sick like this for the first and second half of my pregnancy. I was miserable. I did a lot of praying and crying out to God. I just kept saying "God, I can't live like this...its awful." Then morning came around and I was still nauseous but the puking subsided. I finally felt relief. I basically slept the majority of the weekend until yesterday. I woke up to hang out for a while but found myself fighting to sleep again.

I'm slowly getting better. That was by far, the worse most wicked stomach virus I have had since I was a kid. I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy. Anyway, I'm recuperating and I will hopefully be back up and running soon. I went out today and got a little dizzy so I have to take it a little slower. I feel like I've been in a cave for a week. Sheesh....

Anyway, I'll be posting occasionally how I am doing. I'll post a picture or two here and there. Until then....
Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment