Friday, February 4, 2011

A day in the life of a prego dancer

Its been such a rough few weeks. I have been doing a lot of praying for mercy. I wake up to a volcanic eruption of what I like to call "pukemaggedon". Its so hard to function normal on a day when you feel like you have the flu all the time. I pray a lot to the Lord for mercy and strength to endure. Its not easy teaching and dancing with nausea flipping my stomach over and over.

I've been making a conscious effort to continue doing everything I would normally do in my day to day life, but I find myself exhausted constantly and worried from one moment to another whether I'm going to hold food down. Now I realize millions of women suffer through this everyday. However, this is the first time I've had to go through this and its almost traumatizing. I have been focused on trying to keep going each day like normal, but its is increasingly hard as the weeks go by. Lots of moms have been telling me "don't worry, its all over in a few weeks"....and then I have other moms say "yeah I puked till my third trimester". Sigh.....I'm not sure how long this part of the pregnancy will last...but man I am praying for a miracle. I just want to feel semi normal again. I want to be able to wake up and not feel sick.

I know that in the end, I will not think back on this but rather enjoy the new life that God blessed us with. I lose lots of sleep thinking about that. I think about how I'm supposed to work and be a mom all at the same time. I mean, its not like I have a typical 9-5 job. I teach salsa for a living and my schedule is so crazy. I travel, I teach, I dance......sigh...I lose sleep just imagining how I'm supposed to do this all. Its definitely going to take me to a place of prayer. I have never needed more prayer than I do now. Anyway, that was my soap box whining moment for the day. I can't wait to write about new and exciting things instead of my puke sorrows. 

1 comment:

  1. Girl, luckily you HAVE more prayer now than every before! I'm keeping you and the baby and Ralph lifted up. I know you feel awful and SO tired, if possible take a nap and drink LOTS of water! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete