Friday, April 3, 2009

Salsa Life....

I just got home from Maitland today. I am super tired of course (when am I not saying I'm tired)...but class was good. My first hour class was a mini class since there wasn't many students in my level 4 class. So it was nice to not have to yell a lot. Second hour was bigger so I did a little bit of yelling. Boy that takes a toll on my vocals....I usually come home from Maitland classes, just as hoarse as I can be.

Class was fun though....it went smoothly. Yesterday's Kissimmee class was also lots of fun. During my Intermediate 1 class, I had them doing "buya". That is something we do in Maitland only. Its when we are beginning to dance a song and we get the class rowdy by yelling "una buya" (which is basically a shout out)...and the class responds by saying "hey"...then I say "doble" (that means double) they say "hey, hey" lol. It sounds ridiculous via the internet, but when you are there in class it gets the whole class laughing. That way they get pumped up to dance to a song. In a way, its strange to think that doing something so silly can get everyone in a better mood. Sometimes it completely changes people's attitudes and moods.

I remember when my mom used to go to classes with me as a student. She was going through such tough times in her marriage with my dad and she would just completely forget her problems for an hour and just enjoy being herself. She was laughing, and dancing and excersizing. But just when we would go home, she would get sad all over again. You know, being a Christian and seeing people come in to these classes.....you never know what the person is going through. And if I can lighten their heavy loads by just bringing a smile to their faces, even if its just for one hour, I can honestly say it makes me feel like I am helping them out somehow (indirectly). I will never forget when my mom would tell me how she would just see class as a get away from her problems. Sometimes we need an outlet. To some its dancing, to some its singing or acting.....to some its art or hobbies. My outlet is the house of prayer. Its the one place I can go to, and just take all my baggage, my burdens, my frustrations, my worries and literally just drop them at the door. I walk in and being there just clears my mind. It purifies my soul just worshiping Jesus and spending time just sitting through worship sets. I sometimes sit through intercession sets and just release all of my worries and burdens by praying fervently. Its nice to have an outlet. And I appreciate that being a salsa instructor gives me the opportunity to reach out to someone in a small way by just making them smile.

Tomorrow is Clermont classes and they are the family fun crowd lol. They make me laugh a lot in that location. Its just a great atmosphere there! I'm looking forward to it.

Till then.......

No comments:

Post a Comment