Thursday, April 2, 2009

You're Beautiful!


I'm sitting here in the prayer room, listening to this CD play throughout the house of prayer. Its a recording of one of the worship sets out in Kansas City, MO in IHOP (International House of Prayer). Its just beautiful....the song is a worship with the word set. It has to do with Psalms 27 and they are singing how Jesus is so beautiful. Its just so rich with the presence of God. I had to put my book down to just close my eyes to listen to the words being sung. Matt Gilman began singing this part of the song that says "you're beautiful." He is just singing into the heart of Jesus. How amazing! Of course once I heard that, I had to get on my laptop to blog my thoughts. Honestly, it has taken me a while to really get focused this morning. I came in, the set was cancelled, then I decided to wash the coffee pots and just got wrapped up in doing things to keep me busy instead of just sitting still and soaking in the presence of God. Once I sat down, I had the opportunity to just take my book out and begin to just read. Today's book of choice is called Hungry for More of Jesus.
So far, seeing as how I just started the book, is just wonderful. Its got me thinking about the grief of the prophets of old. Like Samuel for instance.....he had a heart that just grieved for the Lord because of the sin in the world that was around him. He noticed so many terrible things happening and was just grieved. He spent his time in ministry not only as a prophet, but as a man who longed to see righteousness in the world. The chapter I am reading is called "Answering the call to grief." Its pretty intense to see your generation in a manner that you literally spend your time grieving on behalf of the Lord. Wow...what a ministry. Its talking about having a "samuel company" arising in this generation. I truly believe we need that these days. There aren't enough of us out here that are grieved by the sin in this world. I'm going to continue to just seek the face of Jesus. Maybe God will begin to raise up a "samuel company" here at OHOP. I am going to pray for that today!

So its now lunch time. Approximately 1:00 pm. I decided to walk around and breath some fresh air and just eat a quick sandwich in the break room. While I did that, I thought I would take a few pictures of what I was looking at...
I noticed Edwin in the drum room trying to keep things in order. Then I went outside and looked over at the water pond next to the building. Its nice being outside. I take a chair and sit outside sometimes just to spend time reading and praying in the nice weather.
Then I walked over to the other building we have and saw Andrea working and doing admin work. Then I took a quick pic of the practice room before the interns came in to do class. Benji was showing me his piano skills lol. I came back to the prayer room to blog a little more and saw Ralph reading and walking around the prayer room. Its pretty quiet in here today. Everyone is on lunch break right now so its quiet and empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment