Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 5 - All Authority Has Been Given To Him.....

Have you ever had a day where you wake up with a song stuck in your head? That's pretty much a typical way to wake up for me. I always have a song stuck in my head. Sometimes its a song that was in a dream. Other times its just music playing in my ears while I sleep. I love it. Its like God puts His personal "IPOD" on so I can just hear what He is saying to me at the moment.

Today I've this song called Ride On by Ryan Condo. The words are right out of the bible "All authority has been given to you (meaning Jesus) by the Father.....you love righteousness, you hate wickedness, just like the Father"..."gird your sword, upon your side, oh mighty One, Ride On..." Ahhh...I just love it. I love thinking about Jesus on His white horse riding with a sword upon His side. Wow, what a vision. Makes me want to dive back into the book of Revelation.

Today's Song of Solomon class was just awesome. After class, Ralph and I went home and spent time dissecting a few dreams that a friend sent us via text message. All I can say is....wow! I am so amazed at how the Lord speaks. Once we were done with interpreting the dreams we were just in awe of how God gives us this puzzle and we have to put it together using discernment, knowledge, wisdom and interpretation tools (like books etc.) The funny thing is,
that now we have discovered new ways of hearing God speak to us, its like this new fascination of ours (mostly mine). Once you get into something that you love and are intrigued by, then you begin to want to experience it more. However, I don't want to have dreams and experiences just for the sake of "talking" about them. I want and must practice humility with that, because the Lord is blessing us with the privilege of hearing His voice. I have to make sure that its not for my glory but rather, for the Glory of the Lord. Ralph and I ended our day in prayer together. Something we need to practice doing more often together rather than apart. What a blessing that my husband, my partner, agrees with me in prayer (and fasting).


"Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul; And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagles". Thank you Lord Jesus for fellowship of friends, for classes to learn more of your Word and a husband who loves the Lord with all of his heart. Your mercies are new everyday and Your Grace is sufficient. Thank you Lord, for blessing my heart.

~your daughter~

1 comment:

  1. Amen. :) The fact that you have a godly husband who seeks the face of Jesus is super valuable indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete