Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Jesus Wept.....

Today I woke up with a heavy burden on my spirit. Kind of this sullen type of burden. Like the heavy weight of being poor in spirit. Now that doesn't mean financially poor. It means that my spirit was feeling quite negative when I woke up. I'm not saying that I feel depressed. In fact, its actually a good thing because as an intercessor, that is the ammo for my prayer time.

This past Sunday we had a guest speaker (Rhonda Calhoun) come for our ATB weekend. She talked about her heroes in the bible which were Jesus, John the Baptist and Mary of Bethany. Something she said during her message Sunday struck a chord in me. She talked about how Jesus wept. When she described the relationship that Jesus had with Lazarus, Martha and Mary, it put into perspective why Jesus wept. She talked about how when Lazarus died, his sisters Martha and Mary came to Jesus weeping because of it. They fell to His feet weeping and that is when Jesus wept.

Have you ever had a friend that was there with you when you cried your eyes out for whatever reason, and you are so full of sorrow and hurt and pain,
that your friend can't help but cry with you? That is why Jesus wept. He felt their pain and their sorrows. He couldn't help but weep with them. I've been in that very situation. I've been in tears weeping and full of terrible pain....and have had someone weep with me. My husband. He's seen me in such agony, that he couldn't help but weep with me.

When you love and care for others as Christ does, it will compel you to weep with them in their dark times of sorrow. Lately, I've been feeling the heavy weight of my friends burdens. I feel their pain. Its part of my spiritual DNA so to speak. Its how God built me. I used to be called a cry baby when I was younger. But now its clear to me that I have a sensitive spirit to certain things. One of those things is weeping for others. God spoke to me recently while I was in Kansas City at IHOP (International House of Prayer). He said that I have the gift of weeping and mourning for others. That is such an accurate truth about me. Most people see me at Salsa Heat (work) being happy or laughing or dancing and they don't ever see that side of me. At church, however, others see a different side of me. When I'm worshiping the Lord or praying, I tend to feel others burdens and it makes me weep. It takes me to a place where I go before the Lord in prayer and cry out to Him on their behalf. Its part of being an intercessor. In my quiet time at home in prayer, I do the same thing. I sit at the Lords feet and pray. I weep before Him on behalf of my family, friends and loved ones. The more I get into the presence of the Lord, the more the Holy Spirit draws me into a place of intercession for others.

Jeremiah 31:15 - Thus says the LORD: “ A voice was heard in Ramah, Lamentation and bitter weeping, Rachel weeping for her children, Refusing to be comforted for her children, Because they are no more.” 

Matthew 2:18 -  “ A voice was heard in Ramah, Lamentation and bitter weeping, Rachel weeping for her children, Refusing to be comforted for her children, Because they are no more.”

Today my prayer goes out to my friends.....my heart aches with you. I feel your pain and I feel your burdens too. I pray Heavenly Father, that your Holy Spirit which is the Comforter, would bring peace where there is sorrow. Strength where there is weakness. Joy where there is pain. I pray according to your word that says in Psalms 5:11 - But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous; With favor You will surround him as with a shield. I also pray Psalms 9:9-10 - The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, A refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You. Lord You are merciful and gracious and I pray that Your hand of mercy is upon them. I pray that you also place Your hand of grace upon them in this time of difficulty. Father pour Your lovingkindness and Your love upon their hearts in Jesus name ~ Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment